It’s springtime in the Rochester, Rochester Hills, Utica, and Shelby Twp. area! That makes it the perfect time for A/C maintenance. After winter hibernation, your A/C could use a little attention to get it ready for the cooling season and if the early warm weather is anything to go by, it’s going to be an intense cooling season!
Why do you need air conditioner maintenance if the A/C hasn’t been used in months? Because even when it’s not in regular use, the equipment sits outside where it can be damaged by the weather, by outdoor animals creating nests or chewing through wires, and the unit can gather dust which can cause lower efficiency. Dust and grimy buildup are one of the biggest culprits when it comes to reduced performance and unnecessarily high cooling payments. The layers of dirt impede airflow and increase friction between parts.
Some parts of your system are actually used year round, like the blower. Your furnace sends heated air through the blower during the heating season. When it’s time for A/C maintenance, we’ll inspect these heavily-used parts to ensure your entire system is in tip-top shape for maximum efficiency.
Here are a few things you can expect when it’s time for A/C maintenance:
- Your technician will inspect and clean the coils, including the tightly-spaced fins. So much dirt can accumulate in the small gaps between fins that airflow is almost completely blocked.
- The level of refrigerant will be gauged. Ideally, refrigerant levels remain stable. If it’s too low, there’s probably a leak.
- All the electrical components will be tested for safe, appropriate performance and voltage levels. If necessary, connections will be adjusted to improve efficiency.
- Motors and belts will be checked for wear and tear. Lubrication will be added, and belts will be replaced if they’re damaged.
- Your air filter will be checked and changed if it’s too full. You should check the filter monthly yourself, but your technician will also do it when it’s time for A/C maintenance.
When it’s time for A/C maintenance, call Aladdin Heating & Cooling. We’ve been serving the Rochester, Rochester Hills, Utica, and Shelby Twp. areas since 1945, and we’ll be happy to help your household stay cool and comfortable without spending a bundle.
Our goal is to help educate our customers about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about air conditioner maintenance and other HVAC topics, download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.
Aladdin Heating services Novi, Farmington, Farmington Hills, Southfield, Oak Park, Ferndale, Beverly Hills, Berkley, Royal Oak, Birmingham, Bloomfield Twp., Bloomfield Hills, West Bloomfield, Madison Heights, Clawson, Sterling Heights, Warren, Troy, St. Clair Shores, Grosse Pointe, Grosse Pointe Woods, Grosse Pointe Farms, Grosse Pointe Park, Detroit, Utica, Shelby Twp., Rochester, Rochester Hills, Auburn Hills, Lake Orion, Oxford, and Clarkston. Visit our website to see our special offers and get started today!