If you live in Warren or anywhere in the Southeast Michigan area and have a new air conditioner, you have the option of entering into a service contract or a maintenance agreement with an HVAC professional. This contract allows you to pay a flat fee in exchange for a specific list of services. A basic agreement allows you to enjoy basic maintenance and check-ups of your system while other agreements cover some repair work and even some parts costs.
Here are some of the benefits to getting a maintenance agreement for your air conditioner:
- You will pay up-front for check-ups and other services, rather than having to worry about when those costs may creep up.
- You are more likely to get annual tune-ups and maintenance on your air conditioner with a maintenance agreement.
- Your agreement may allow you to avoid costly repairs and problems, if regular repairs catch a problem while it is still small.
- Even if you have a warranty on your unit, regular maintenance can help your air conditioner work more efficiently and may help the unit work well for a longer period of time without needing repairs.
- Maintenance agreements are convenient, since they ensure someone else remembers to tune up your system.
- You will work with one maintenance team, who will get to know your A/C needs.
If you are considering a maintenance agreement, do your homework. Find out the costs of yearly maintenance with and without an agreement – can you save money by getting an agreement? Find out exactly what is covered and what is not. Finally, if you have a new air conditioner, check to see what is covered by the unit’s warranty or guarantee. You may only need a basic maintenance service if the manufacturer of the A/C covers repairs and parts.
If you are looking for an HVAC professional offering a range of service options and maintenance options, contact Aladdin Heating & Cooling. In business in Warren and Michigan for more than 65 years, Aladdin Heating & Cooling offers a range of maintenance and repair services, including 24-hour and emergency service options for most brands and models.
Our goal is to help educate our customers in Detroit, Michigan about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about maintenance agreements and other HVAC topics, download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.
Image courtesy of Shutterstock