Choosing the right HVAC contractor for the job is essential if you want your equipment to perform efficiently after being installed or repaired. The experience and know-how of a contractor could make the difference between a shoddy installation or repair and one that keeps your equipment running great for the next several months. Here are nine tips to simplify the job of choosing an HVAC contractor.
- Do your research: Look up licensing and insurance requirements for Michigan, and make sure the HVAC contractor you want to work with is compliant.
- Ask around: Your friends and neighbors may be able to recommend certain contractors to work with based on their own experiences.
- Request references: Contact a few HVAC contractors and ask them for references. Call these references and ask about what it was like to work with this contractor.
- Look for special offers: Keeping the price down is important when making an HVAC investment. While the price of equipment shouldn’t be the only deciding factor, hot deals are great for making your purchase more affordable.
- Seek the Energy Star: Equipment with the Energy Star label will provide you with the best performance and efficiency possible.
- Be prepared for a home evaluation: If the HVAC contractor doesn’t find it necessary to inspect your property for sizing needs, don’t do business with them. Sizing is imperative for peak system performance.
- Ask for estimates: After evaluating your property and determining your needs, the HVAC contractor should provide you with a written estimate. The overall price can then be factored into your decision.
- Get a written proposal: With a contractor selected, make sure you get the project details in writing. A proposal should include project costs, equipment model numbers, the job schedule and information about equipment warranties.
- Pass it on: Tell your friends and neighbors the good experience you had with the HVAC contractor so they can enjoy professional, high-quality work as well.
Contact Aladdin Heating & Cooling for your Detroit-area home today. We’ll prove that we can satisfy all your requirements when you’re looking to hire an experienced, professional HVAC contractor.
Our goal is to help educate our customers about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about HVAC contractors and other HVAC topics, download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.
Aladdin Heating services Novi, Farmington, Farmington Hills, Southfield, Oak Park, Ferndale, Beverly Hills, Berkley, Royal Oak, Birmingham, Bloomfield Twp., Bloomfield Hills, West Bloomfield, Madison Heights, Clawson, Sterling Heights, Warren, Troy, St. Clair Shores, Grosse Pointe, Grosse Pointe Woods, Grosse Pointe Farms, Grosse Pointe Park, Detroit, Utica, Shelby Twp., Rochester, Rochester Hills, Auburn Hills, Lake Orion, Oxford, and Clarkston. Visit our website to see our special offers and get started today!