When it comes to the HVAC equipment in your Beverly Hills home, you want to know it’s been professionally installed and serviced. Selecting an experienced HVAC contractor means that installed equipment will be sized and fitted to your home’s unique floor plan, and that maintained equipment will be correctly serviced for long-lasting energy-efficiency. Good contractors will also provide extended warranties and after-sale service.
The following are some excellent tips on identifying the a good HVAC contractor during an interview:
- Determine the licensing and qualification of prospective HVAC contractors. Are they state-licensed? Are they members of the both state and national contractors associations, including the Air Conditioning Contractors of America (ACCA)? Are they sufficiently insured?
- Before selecting new equipment, a good contractor should offer to inspect your home and its existing system before explaining your best options.
- Ask the contractor to explain the estimated annual operating costs of system with different efficiencies, such as SEER (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio) and HSPF (Heating Seasonal Performance Factor). This information helps you determine each system’s total lifetime cost.
- Ask the contractor about the staff who will install the system, and whether they’ll be able to respond promptly to emergency service calls. What warranties, guarantees, and follow-up services does the contractor provide? Warranties can vary extensively, and so it’s important to know what is covered and what isn’t. Also, ask about after any available maintenance service agreements–what do they cost and what do they include?
- Are the contractor’s technicians NATE (North American Technician Excellence) certified? Have they previously installed or serviced the type and brand of equipment you’re considering for your Ferndale home? Are they comfortable and knowledgeable about load calculations, ductwork design, and using industry-standard methods for proper installation?
- You should ask for three written estimates for the potential work being done. This includes what is being done, the type of equipment provided, and the time installation will begin and its estimated completion time.
To speak with an HVAC contractor today, contact us at Aladdin Heating & Cooling. Our NATE-certified technicians are proud to provide quality service to residents throughout the Southeast Michigan area.
Our goal is to help educate our customers in Warren, Michigan about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about HVAC contractors and other HVAC topics, download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.
Credit/Copyright Attribution: “patrimonio designs ltd/Shutterstock”