Is there a spot in your home that is hard to cool or heat? Is your older home without the ductwork that is required for a cooling system? A ductless mini split system can be the best way to make your entire home comfortable and enjoyable.
What is a ductless mini split system?
A mini split system is a type of heat pump that does not require ductwork and is designed to heat/cool one to four rooms. It has two major components and a system to transfer heat or cooling between the major components:
- An outdoor unit that is a condenser and operates the same way as a central air conditioning or heat pump system, and
- An internal air handler that is mounted on the wall and circulates cooled or heated air in the room.
- Between the two components is a conduit that uses refrigerant to transfer the heat or cooling from the outside to the interior.
What are the benefits of a mini split system?
There are several benefits that a mini split system provides to you the homeowner;
- The system is designed for one to four rooms; a thermostat in each room can be set to the temperature desired.
- There is no loss of heated or cooled air that commonly results from the use of ducts.
- A hole no larger than three inches in diameter is required for the conduit.
- The indoor evaporator can be as much as 50 feet away from the outdoor compressor.
- You can avoid the cost and problems associated with new or additional ductwork.
- The air handlers, which are usually no larger than 7 inches deep and can be installed on the wall, suspending from the ceiling and are also available as freestanding floor models–allowing for design flexibility.
If you live in eastern Michigan, give us a call at 1-800-762-0079 or visit our website and let us show you how we can retro fit a ductless mini split system to improve the comfort level in your home without the problems associated with a major renovation. Aladdin Heating and Cooling serves Oakland, Macomb and Wayne counties
Our goal is to help educate our customers in Detroit, Michigan about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about ductless mini splits and other HVAC topics, download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.
Image courtesy of Shutterstock